- RT @DorsetMag: Would you decorate your home with human bones and old medical instruments? Plenty do, according to one #Dorset couple 👉 ht…The stagedoor scribbler 14 hours ago
- RT @redhead262: What an enchanting panto! Loved it!! #Cinderella @LighthousePoole https://t.co/Mk1MBgbpoVThe stagedoor scribbler 21 hours ago
- @VentSpleenUK @LighthousePoole It’s a super show! 🙂The stagedoor scribbler 23 hours ago
- RT @danwootton: It's very easy to criticise British journalists - but take a look at the winners of last night's @pressgazette British Jour…The stagedoor scribbler 1 day ago
- This day in 1975 saw the release of Patti Smith’s groundbreaking debut album ’Horses’. #PattiSmith #horses https://t.co/3SwXvma0qMThe stagedoor scribbler 1 day ago
When the going gets tough the tough start blogging
Tag Archives: Word War II
November 4, 2012Posted by on
Don’t miss esteemed broadcaster Jonathan Dimbleby’s groundbreaking BBC-2 documentary exploring the true significance of the World War II British victory at the Battle of El Alamein.
Called Churchill’s Desert War: The Road to El Alamein, it will be shown at 9.00pm tomorrow night (Monday November 5) and gives fascinating account of this pivotal operation that in 1942 marked a crucial point in the battle against the Nazis.
Dimbleby, who has also just published a book on the subject, Destiny in the Desert: The Story Behind El Alamein, examines the human cost of this battle fought in appallingly inhospitable conditions, the military strategy behind it and how it finally brought the calendar of war to a position that in Churchill’s famous words was, ‘the end of the beginning’.