- RT @DorsetMag: Would you decorate your home with human bones and old medical instruments? Plenty do, according to one #Dorset couple 👉 ht…The stagedoor scribbler 14 hours ago
- RT @redhead262: What an enchanting panto! Loved it!! #Cinderella @LighthousePoole https://t.co/Mk1MBgbpoVThe stagedoor scribbler 21 hours ago
- @VentSpleenUK @LighthousePoole It’s a super show! 🙂The stagedoor scribbler 23 hours ago
- RT @danwootton: It's very easy to criticise British journalists - but take a look at the winners of last night's @pressgazette British Jour…The stagedoor scribbler 1 day ago
- This day in 1975 saw the release of Patti Smith’s groundbreaking debut album ’Horses’. #PattiSmith #horses https://t.co/3SwXvma0qMThe stagedoor scribbler 1 day ago
When the going gets tough the tough start blogging
Tag Archives: Olympic Opening Ceremony
November 26, 2012Posted by on
How refreshing to see Danny Boyle and the team behind this summers’s Olympic Opening Ceremony taking the Beyond Theatre prize at the Evening Standard Theatre Awards.
It is only the second time the gong which “celebrates theatricality outside the confines of the auditorium” has been awarded.
The event at London’s Savoy Hotel celebrated and rewarded some of the finest theatrical achievement of the year.
Winners included Simon Russell Beale who took best actor award for his leading role in the National Theatre’s Timon of Athens. While the NT’s artristic director Sir Nicholas Hytner received a brace of awards, including Best Director, for the same production.
Nick Payne became the youngest playwright ever to receive the Best Play award. The 29-year-old won the prize for Constellations at The Royal Court.
Matthew Tennyson won the Outstanding Newcomer for Making Noise Quietly at the Donmar and Best Actress went to Hattie Morahan for her performance as Nora in The Young Vic production of A Doll’s House.