- Feed people enough propaganda, stifle their freedom and this is what happens. Terrifying! sg.news.yahoo.com/stalin-tops-pu… via @yahoosgThe stagedoor scribbler 4 hours ago
- Sir Anthony Seldon bridling at @BBCr4today prog suggestion that May is a hopeless politician. ‘That doesn’t sound very BBCish’ #leadsomThe stagedoor scribbler 5 hours ago
- RT @exitthelemming: Delighted to be recording all 13 Inspector Morse books. If you're planning any major illnesses, this one's for you http…The stagedoor scribbler 16 hours ago
- RT @Sathnam: "I ordered porridge" https://t.co/aJyvjbqYyLThe stagedoor scribbler 16 hours ago
- RT @Independent: There's no magic money tree - unless you're making a deal with the DUP indy100.com/article/theres…The stagedoor scribbler 21 hours ago
When the going gets tough the tough start blogging
Tag Archives: News Knight
Sir Trevor the man they voted Britain’s most trusted Tv celebrity to appear in Clive Conway An Audience With…shows
November 26, 2012Posted by on
Widely acknowledged as one of Britain’s most popular news presenters, Sir Trevor McDonald has signed up for a new series of An Audience With… appearances with Clive Conway Productions.
Twice voted Newscaster of the year, Trevor is widely perceived as the face of ITN, after years of fronting its flagship News at Ten’ bulletin and the leading current affairs show Tonight. In a departure from his regular role he has also presented Have I Got News For You and the rival topical comedy show, News Knight.
Trevor has interviewed many of the world’s leading figures including Archbishop Desmond Tutu (see http://www.youtube.com/user/CliveConwayClips). He spoke to Nelson Mandela on his release from prison, and in a very different vein he secured the only British TV interview with Saddam Hussein. Trevor has written biographies of the West Indian cricketers Viv Richards and Clive Lloyd, and published his autobiography Fortunate Circumstances. He won a BAFTA and a Dimbleby award for Outstanding Contribution to Television, and was voted ‘Most Trusted TV Celebrity’ in a Radio Times poll.