- Feed people enough propaganda, stifle their freedom and this is what happens. Terrifying! sg.news.yahoo.com/stalin-tops-pu… via @yahoosgThe stagedoor scribbler 4 hours ago
- Sir Anthony Seldon bridling at @BBCr4today prog suggestion that May is a hopeless politician. ‘That doesn’t sound very BBCish’ #leadsomThe stagedoor scribbler 5 hours ago
- RT @exitthelemming: Delighted to be recording all 13 Inspector Morse books. If you're planning any major illnesses, this one's for you http…The stagedoor scribbler 16 hours ago
- RT @Sathnam: "I ordered porridge" https://t.co/aJyvjbqYyLThe stagedoor scribbler 16 hours ago
- RT @Independent: There's no magic money tree - unless you're making a deal with the DUP indy100.com/article/theres…The stagedoor scribbler 21 hours ago
When the going gets tough the tough start blogging
Tag Archives: Jack Duckworth
November 27, 2012Posted by on
The stars of Coronation Street have been paying a fitting farewell to their old colleague Bill Tarmey, who played Jack Duckworth, in the long-running soap for more than 30 years.
Tarmey, 71, who died earlier this month at his holiday home in Tenerife made his name as the endlessly hen-pecked husband of Weatherfield battleaxe Vera Duckworth, played by Liz Dawn.
Dawn joined famous Corrie actors past and present including William Roache, Julie Goodyear, Kevin kennedy and Nigel Pivaro for the service at the Albion United Reformed Church in Ashton-under-Lyne.
Tarmey, who worked as a nightclub singer before joining the Coronation Street cast in 1979, made the character of pigeon-fancying, work-shy chancer Jack Duckworth a household name. Always on the run from Vera but utterly devoted to her, he was a mainstay of the programme, an iconic figure with his hangdog air and broken spectacles held together with an old plaster.