- RT @DorsetMag: Would you decorate your home with human bones and old medical instruments? Plenty do, according to one #Dorset couple 👉 ht…The stagedoor scribbler 14 hours ago
- RT @redhead262: What an enchanting panto! Loved it!! #Cinderella @LighthousePoole https://t.co/Mk1MBgbpoVThe stagedoor scribbler 21 hours ago
- @VentSpleenUK @LighthousePoole It’s a super show! 🙂The stagedoor scribbler 23 hours ago
- RT @danwootton: It's very easy to criticise British journalists - but take a look at the winners of last night's @pressgazette British Jour…The stagedoor scribbler 1 day ago
- This day in 1975 saw the release of Patti Smith’s groundbreaking debut album ’Horses’. #PattiSmith #horses https://t.co/3SwXvma0qMThe stagedoor scribbler 1 day ago
When the going gets tough the tough start blogging
Tag Archives: ITN
Sir Trevor the man they voted Britain’s most trusted Tv celebrity to appear in Clive Conway An Audience With…shows
November 26, 2012Posted by on
Widely acknowledged as one of Britain’s most popular news presenters, Sir Trevor McDonald has signed up for a new series of An Audience With… appearances with Clive Conway Productions.
Twice voted Newscaster of the year, Trevor is widely perceived as the face of ITN, after years of fronting its flagship News at Ten’ bulletin and the leading current affairs show Tonight. In a departure from his regular role he has also presented Have I Got News For You and the rival topical comedy show, News Knight.
Trevor has interviewed many of the world’s leading figures including Archbishop Desmond Tutu (see http://www.youtube.com/user/CliveConwayClips). He spoke to Nelson Mandela on his release from prison, and in a very different vein he secured the only British TV interview with Saddam Hussein. Trevor has written biographies of the West Indian cricketers Viv Richards and Clive Lloyd, and published his autobiography Fortunate Circumstances. He won a BAFTA and a Dimbleby award for Outstanding Contribution to Television, and was voted ‘Most Trusted TV Celebrity’ in a Radio Times poll.