- RT @ThatTimWalker: Gina Miller is the closest thing we have to a Prof Van Helsing to take on Theresa's Dracula.The stagedoor scribbler 10 hours ago
- RT @Kevin_Maguire: No greater "coalition of chaos" than T May's pay cuts, school cuts, NHS cuts, social care cuts, welfare cuts, pension cu…The stagedoor scribbler 1 day ago
- RT @parisreview: “One has to be a lowbrow, a bit of a murderer, to be a politician.” —Henry Miller bit.ly/TqTbVkThe stagedoor scribbler 1 day ago
- Ate tea Brute? twitter.com/exitthelemming…The stagedoor scribbler 1 day ago
- Just don't buy any pies in this part of the street of shame. twitter.com/fliplondontour…The stagedoor scribbler 1 day ago
When the going gets tough the tough start blogging
Tag Archives: Have I Got News For You
Sir Trevor the man they voted Britain’s most trusted Tv celebrity to appear in Clive Conway An Audience With…shows
November 26, 2012Posted by on
Widely acknowledged as one of Britain’s most popular news presenters, Sir Trevor McDonald has signed up for a new series of An Audience With… appearances with Clive Conway Productions.
Twice voted Newscaster of the year, Trevor is widely perceived as the face of ITN, after years of fronting its flagship News at Ten’ bulletin and the leading current affairs show Tonight. In a departure from his regular role he has also presented Have I Got News For You and the rival topical comedy show, News Knight.
Trevor has interviewed many of the world’s leading figures including Archbishop Desmond Tutu (see http://www.youtube.com/user/CliveConwayClips). He spoke to Nelson Mandela on his release from prison, and in a very different vein he secured the only British TV interview with Saddam Hussein. Trevor has written biographies of the West Indian cricketers Viv Richards and Clive Lloyd, and published his autobiography Fortunate Circumstances. He won a BAFTA and a Dimbleby award for Outstanding Contribution to Television, and was voted ‘Most Trusted TV Celebrity’ in a Radio Times poll.