- RT @nytimesarts: Jane Goodall discusses her life in a new film: "I’m an obstinate kind of person, so challenges are to be met" https://t.co…The stagedoor scribbler 11 hours ago
- RT @frankcottrell_b: #Oxbridge is not "failing black pupils" - it's failing the nation by not looking for any talent that doesn't come gift…The stagedoor scribbler 11 hours ago
- What do you think Michael? Have you seen it? twitter.com/1michaelgray1/…The stagedoor scribbler 1 day ago
- Poor Noel! Looks like he fell down a rabbit-hole and found a bottle labelled ‘Drink Me’. twitter.com/historyinpix/s…The stagedoor scribbler 1 day ago
- RT @exprain: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Baby Please Don't Go dlvr.it/PwdqB7The stagedoor scribbler 1 day ago
When the going gets tough the tough start blogging
Tag Archives: Constellations
November 26, 2012Posted by on
How refreshing to see Danny Boyle and the team behind this summers’s Olympic Opening Ceremony taking the Beyond Theatre prize at the Evening Standard Theatre Awards.
It is only the second time the gong which “celebrates theatricality outside the confines of the auditorium” has been awarded.
The event at London’s Savoy Hotel celebrated and rewarded some of the finest theatrical achievement of the year.
Winners included Simon Russell Beale who took best actor award for his leading role in the National Theatre’s Timon of Athens. While the NT’s artristic director Sir Nicholas Hytner received a brace of awards, including Best Director, for the same production.
Nick Payne became the youngest playwright ever to receive the Best Play award. The 29-year-old won the prize for Constellations at The Royal Court.
Matthew Tennyson won the Outstanding Newcomer for Making Noise Quietly at the Donmar and Best Actress went to Hattie Morahan for her performance as Nora in The Young Vic production of A Doll’s House.