- RT @PeterStefanovi2: Billions upon billions available for Brexit whilst a disabled woman who can barely speak, eat or breathe is declared f…The stagedoor scribbler 9 hours ago
- RT @KermodeMovie: I know he's a crypto-facist draft-dodging charity-scamming planet-destroying tiny-handed nepotistic racist fuckhead for…The stagedoor scribbler 9 hours ago
- RT @JohnHannah: Show this chart to anyone who says Brexit is the 'will of the British people' | indy100 As the great Gill Scott-Heron sings…The stagedoor scribbler 18 hours ago
- RT @redhead262: RIP Nicholas Parsons ... you were a remarkable, generous and entertaining performer ... here you are in November @ForestArt…The stagedoor scribbler 19 hours ago
- RT @redhead262: Discover artist @stuartsemple and his shared studio space in Parkstone in the February @DorsetMag ... out tomorrow 23.01.2…The stagedoor scribbler 1 week ago
When the going gets tough the tough start blogging
Tag Archives: Bill Tarmy
November 27, 2012Posted by on
The stars of Coronation Street have been paying a fitting farewell to their old colleague Bill Tarmey, who played Jack Duckworth, in the long-running soap for more than 30 years.
Tarmey, 71, who died earlier this month at his holiday home in Tenerife made his name as the endlessly hen-pecked husband of Weatherfield battleaxe Vera Duckworth, played by Liz Dawn.
Dawn joined famous Corrie actors past and present including William Roache, Julie Goodyear, Kevin kennedy and Nigel Pivaro for the service at the Albion United Reformed Church in Ashton-under-Lyne.
Tarmey, who worked as a nightclub singer before joining the Coronation Street cast in 1979, made the character of pigeon-fancying, work-shy chancer Jack Duckworth a household name. Always on the run from Vera but utterly devoted to her, he was a mainstay of the programme, an iconic figure with his hangdog air and broken spectacles held together with an old plaster.